Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Fitting In

Young Urban Professional vs. Ideal Business Card Picture
Oh boy. Sometimes being a realtor feels like you have to totally stifle all innate personal style in order to succeed. Here in DTA at least, it's edgy when I wear my Ferragamo Varas with J Crew Toothpicks. Frankly, it's kindof scandalous sometimes compared to the circa '83 pantsuits that are somehow still bopping their way around from showing to showing. I love my picture and it definitely looks like me, but it is also intended to help me sell houses. Apparently my whole face looks a little stiff and contrived, and the smile a little forced compared to how I usually am. Also, my grandmothers necklace only comes out on very special occasions. Here is a girl in Chicago who is somehow bridging the gap between personal style and maintaining a professional front, and making it work. She takes it way farther than I would (white Doc Martens... no), but she gives me a little hope that one day I may be able to toss the dress slacks in favor of something a little more flavorful. I'm not exactly a liberal dresser, but should a maroon lip totally kill the deal?

Scandal - But I love it




No comments:

Post a Comment