Monday, November 19, 2012

Balance Ball

myBall Cover for Stability Balls
I share an office with another realtor, and sometimes when her assistant is there too there are just not enough chairs. I recently read that sitting on a stability ball instead of a typical office chair burns up to 6% more calories... as opposed to the 0% I'm sure I'm burning as I sit there fielding crazy renter calls and trying to learn about mortgage rates/facebooking. Seriously about to take the plunge and keep a ball under my desk, and apparently it's even good for your spine as the instability forces you to constantly work your core and hold your back straighter. Sailors can all relate to this I'm sure... sometimes it feels like we have horrible posture from sitting on the rail all day, and off the water our posture tends to stay the same so hopefully this helps me develop better habits on and offshore. What a cute cover too... full disclosure, it's a big part of me considering making the switch.

No comments:

Post a Comment