Saturday, January 5, 2013

Lightness

It's 2013, and this must be the latest new years post, but honestly, I have had absolutely nothing to say. Zip. Nothing that needs to go out into the world. I'm grateful for so many things, I'm frustrated to tears with so many others, but I'm alive, and healthy, with a select group of people who mean the world to me and who I know feel the same. Life is confusing sometimes, but the simple things really mean the most, and make it as good as it is sometimes. To start, sometimes the absolute best way to make your day is to have a clear, to the point conversation with someone who you just need to clear the air with. Another way is to write a list of all the things that have to be done, put them on a timeline, and try your goddamdest to check at least a few off every day. Finally, just do something good for someone who matters! Just try to make a difference in their day, no matter how big or small, to show that you actually do care. It may sound cheesy at first, but it's so easy to get caught up in life and forget to do that last one. These three things in particular are what I want to focus on in the new year. Just doing them in some way every day makes me feel much lighter, and on the way towards what I have to accomplish to make myself a more successful, independent, and happy individual. Literally, I just want to be a feather;   floating and wafting, but always in the sun. Just going where the wind takes me, and not staying stiff and trying so hard to keep still, but still somehow managing to nimbly dodge anything that comes my way. It's a tall order, I know, but there could be worse role models. To stay light and airy, and flexible and not tied down to something for no reason.


Something that keeps running through my head is the phrase, "you're someone's sunshine; lighten up." This definitely goes with the feather mantra for me. To just be shiny and feathery and soft and bright and easy like Sunday morning. Not like easy easy of course though. So yes, this is a bizarre post, but sometimes absence just makes it all come pouring out when you do return. I'll return to the musings on whatever J. Crew article I desperately need (read: want) soon enough I'm pretty sure, but this just came to me after my short hiatus from writing. Finally, this song has been stuck in my head. Just the lilt of the words reminds me of the feather again. Also, if you look closely, she has one of those terrifying vintage alligator bags where it is honestly a baby alligator (with head!) turned into a bag! I actually have one too, tucked away in my closet. It was a gift, but I can't bring myself to touch it so it's just one of the many bizarre treasures I've acquired and would never even dream of getting rid of, no matter how much it freaks me out.

                           

No comments:

Post a Comment