Sunday, January 6, 2013

What A Lovely Day

Favorite House of the Day 
It's days like today that make me love real estate. It's not about getting excited about commissions (that's like a watched pot/counting chickens scenario all in one. It's never going to happen if you just stare at it, and counting chickens before they hatch is always a terrible idea) but there are other ways that it is just fun. I did six (SIX!!) showings before noon allll over Anne Arundel, and it helped me learn my way around a lot, as well as gave me the opportunity to finally see houses I'd been really intrigued by. My client is super sweet, and I think I'm definitely starting to get a feel for what she wants, and we really liked 4 out of 6. Also, I didn't get lost once! That is not a small win for me, it's pretty major actually, even with google maps, and somehow didn't even totally screw up my timing. So I have no idea where this will go buying-wise right now, but I got a lot of good experience showing houses, and got some practice on my serious lack of directional skills, and also how to show houses. It was a much needed morale booster, whatever the outcome. There are only so many frustrating days in your career that you can take before you're just totally strung out. 

Real Estate Essentials

Sloane Ranger Soft Tablet Cover - Rugby iPad Case (only in womens now...) - Shearling Gloves from an old leather store downtown - Sick Shades - Pencil Case - Sentrilock with Pepper Spray (Just in case) and Nola Couture Fob - Business Cards! - Smathers Crab Flask  (Kidding! Not for work, but for the Skins game later)
I keep a jade Chinese good luck charm on my cowboy hat  (TEXAS!) next to the bedroom door now; maybe it'll do/is doing something...?


The Lucky Hat

Listening to: People Say - Portugal. The Man


    

No comments:

Post a Comment