Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Newport

One of Many Trees at Viking
Finally home. Newport was beautiful, but it was too short and another week would have been so nice. I'm such a nomad, staying in one place for even a few months gets old so it's always nice to get away from home. And Annapolis is so beautiful at Christmas, but for some reason the Garden Club hasn't done the usual full-scale decorating downtown yet, so comparatively Newport was a wonderland. There was a long North Sails talk on the Volvo to sit through (which was awesome, but I was rightttt under the AC and I felt like I could relate to how cold it can get out there completely) a dinner party after, and we went to Bristol to visit IYRS which was really interesting. Laforge went all out with lights, and sitting there for dinner the first night felt like being under a tree (for some reason my favorite spot ever since I was little) and I would easily camp out there a la Night at the Museum if I could.
This morning we drove out along Ocean Drive, and it is so different from here. We have water, but you never see quite such a large expanse of it as you do off the cliff, and it feels so much wilder there than here. Even with the mansions, cliff walk feels completely untamed if you look out from town and down at the breakers.
Laforge

No comments:

Post a Comment