Thursday, December 27, 2012

G.I.

Went along to showings on Gibson Island today, and saw this incredibly nifty cottage. There was even a white picket fence, replete with gate. My kryptonite. It was so perfect; the white-painted floors totally made me want to try them sometime somewhere, but the only thing is that they're so simple that actually everything pops, whether you want it to or not. Clutter is not an option, so if you're feeling motivated to simplify, I would say try painting your floors white. I don't think many people would be able to live with the resulting chaos just from having a normal amount of things in a house. Either way, it was gorgeous and completely worked, and G.I. is such a wonderful, cookie-cutter resort island, its hard (at least for a die-hard Nancy Drew fan) not to love. As you drive around it, all the different areas feel like time capsules into different parts of suburban American history; from the thirties to the eighties. I can completely imagine Nancy frolicking at a social at the club with Bess and George, and maybe Ned Nickerson on a night off from mystery. As usual, please excuse the low-quality iPhone pics.


Requisite Adirondack chair lineup shot

Same room, sweet telescope

I'm pretty sure everyone here is in the same racquet 

Love the painted black steps with the white floors

Finally, Varas in action at Christmas

No comments:

Post a Comment