Monday, February 4, 2013

What I've Been Up To...

The past few weeks, keeping track of what kind of trouble I've been getting into has definitely not been a priority. First of all, clearly, Ravens won the Super Bowl yesterday, and while I was incredibly jealous of all my friends still down in the Nola and those who made the trip also, it was still pretty exciting here in Naptown. Even though I may or may not be a Skins fan. Or Cowboys. Or Saints... ok anyway, I'll always be a Flacco fan. Also, I just got back from Key West for Race Week! It always feels so so good to get back to where the people are sketchy and the swamps are smelly... something about going that far South always makes me feel so so happy with the world. It's not even the warm weather, honestly I'd be totally cool with it if it were 100 and muggy. Everything just feels better to me. So... that was great! Also currently trying to figure out where I'm going with real estate, and evaluating a few other life goals as well, so it's definitely a time to ponder/aka keep my head on straight/aka nose clean. But that's gross. And a given, so more referencing head I guess. So the past few weeks in review:


Who are those terribly adorable kittens, and what are they doing at Nantucket Race Week?  (New fave app and time waster - Cat Wang)


                 The Fireball crew sent us out to get beer. Whoops


 New meaning was given to my favorite sign. I wish I had pics of the manatee kisses


Had to take the picture without the candles lit (my poor phone can't take this kind of stress anymore) but finally got around the making the clementine candles with canola oil, only I used oranges and floated them in a bowl with flowers. Put one in the pool first, but pretty quickly turned into a bad idea


The graphics on the Chessie Racing Invincible I was on when I wanted to go out and watch the races/aka fish. I like to call it the Chessie Racing Fishing Syndicate. It's all very professional


Chessie cruising out of the harbor one day without me. It was a little bit of a relief to finally get this sight, they did not mess around when they went out for the day. Fishing was the main agenda, and at one point the closest city on the GPS was Havana by 25 miles. Definitely went hard that day


                       Me being professional. And sunburned

Lady lovahs

Sad to walk to leave the Southwest gate... but luckily it was a long hike to the plane so there was time to mourn. Funny story: about 25% of the people on the plane were from Annap, but we were all spread out from different boarding groups. My friend Wilson got on first, and I overheard him responding to the requisite "where are you from?" question with "I'm from Annapolis." I piped up "me too," and the guy a few places back was like "me too," and about five people after that all over the plane yelled it out as well. It was a good moment

No comments:

Post a Comment